Operating Theatre Technician
Help save lives by assisting doctors performing surgery in the operating theatre.
Operating theatre technicians prepare and maintain operating theatres and equipment, and assist surgical and anaesthetic teams during operations. You'll have a sense of pride knowing you're playing an important part in helping people in your community who need serious medical attention.
- Help save lives by assisting doctors performing surgery in the operating theatre.
- Setting up, checking, connecting and adjusting surgical equipment.
- Providing technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses and anaesthetists.
- Cleaning and restocking the operating room and arranging equipment and supplies.
- Positioning patients for surgical and/or anaesthetic treatments.
- Helping patients after the operation by taking them to the recovery room.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work accurately and with minimal supervision.
- Organised and methodical.
- Good general health and fitness.