In this busy role you'll help keep your local hospital running completing a wide range of tasks from serving meals to lifting patients.
As a ward assistant you'll help staff in hospitals and other health care establishments such as clinics. Your duties will be non-medical and may include housekeeping, food service and transportation, and ward, patient and office support. This role has strong job prospects and gives you the chance to stay in your community.
- Making sure patients have adequate clean clothing and linen and that soiled items are removed and cleaned.
- Helping lift and turn patients and transporting them in wheelchairs or on movable beds.
- Cleaning patients' rooms and bathrooms and required hospital equipment.
- Distributing and collecting food trays, checking food orders and replenishing refrigerator supplies.
- Accompanying patients who are ready to be discharged to the central waiting area.
- Transporting equipment, X-rays and patient records between wards, departments and theatres.
- Helping with emergencies.
- Physical fitness and strength.
- Caring and supportive attitude.
- Respect for the rights of others.
- Can perform domestic duties efficiently.
- Good communication skills.
- Can work as part of a team.